Questions People Ask About Calgary Alberta Realtor® Real Estate Fees and Commissions
- Can I sell my house in Calgary on MLS® and pay no Realtor® Fees?
- How are Realtor® Fees Calculated In Alberta?
- Does The Buyer Pay A Realtor® Commission in Alberta?
- Who pays the Realtor® Fee, the home buyer or the home seller?
- Why are Calgary Real Estate Commissions so high?
- Are 1% and 2% Realty Companies Legit?
- What Calgary Realty Company has the lowest Commissions?
- Are CIR Realty and Exp Realty Discount Brokerages?
- Are Remax Commissions worth it?
- How is the Realtor® Commission Calculated?
- Can You Negotiate your Realtors® Commission?
- How much are closing costs in Alberta?
- Is there GST on Realtor® Fees in Alberta?
- Does the Buyer pay Realtor® Fees in Canada?
- How much are lawyer fees when buying a Calgary Alberta house?
- What percentage do most Realtors® charge?
- Are commissions paid on gross or net?
- How do you solve commission problems?
- How does Calgary Alberta Real Estate Commissions work?
- Do Realtors keep 100% of the commission they collect in Calgary?
Answers to Questions People Ask About Calgary Alberta Realtor® Real Estate Fees & Commissions
Legally there is no such thing as set in stone non-negotiable Calgary Alberta Canada Realtor® Fees and Commissions.
Real Estate Fees are up for negotiation between Calgary Home Sellers, Calgary Home Buyers, and Calgary Realtors®.
The selling price of any home on the Alberta MLS® System included the Real Estate Commissions plus GST. The fee could have been zero, or 1%, or 2%, or $2,500, or $8,550, or 7% on the first $100,000 and 3.5% on the balance of the sale price, or any other creative commission calculation you could imagine.
Remax, Century 21, Royale Lepage, CIR Realty, Exp Realty, Sotheby's, 1% Realty, 2% Realty, 3% Realty, and the hundreds of other Alberta Real Estate Companies are prohibited by law from fixing commissions rates.
The above companies and their Realtors® all want your business and will negotiate your Real Estate Commissions.
Calgary Home Buyers pay 100% of the Reator® Fees because it's included in the Home Selling Price. It's like the mark-up on any product you buy at a retail store.
Some Calgary Realtors® claim they won't negotiate commissions. There are Real Estate Trainers and Coaches that charge Realtors® thousands of dollars to learn how to "Protect Commissions." Talk to a few Reatlors® and you hear the same old scripts. How if they are not tough on commissions with you, they won't be tough on Calgary Buyers on the home price. Blah, Blah, Blah.....
The bottom line is All Realtor® Commissions in Calgary Alberta Canada are Negotiable.
You can get a 1% Commission deal from a Remax Realtor just as easy as from the company that calls itself 1% Realty. 2% Commissions are offered by Century 21 Realtors® just as often as from the company called 2% Realty.
Brand means nothing in Real Estate, Calgary Home Prices Rule Everything.