Should You Sell Your Calgary Home This Winter?
Pros of Selling a Home in the Winter
- Fewer listings mean less competition from other home sellers in Calgary
- Fewer Looky Lou's and Tire Kickers wasting everybody's time
- Winter usually matches serious sellers with serious buyers
- Buyers and Sellers can agree to a warmer weather closing date
Cons of Selling a home in the winter
- Nobody likes moving when it is cold out
- Less qualified buyers actively looking
- Leaving the house for showings is not fun in the winter
- Keeping the house Ready to Show is a hassle
- Shovelling snow and salting the sidewalks
- Hard to see the condition of shingles when covered in snow
Buying and Selling Homes in the winter is not much different from any other time of the year except that it is winter!
Deciding to buy or sell a home is more of a life decision. Like buying a car or a new cell phone, when the time is right for you, the time is right!
As a Calgary Realtor, I have worked many winters helping both home buyers and sellers. I have frozen my fingers trying to get frozen lockboxes open, shovelling snow on our vacant property listings. I am not a fan of the cold, and it has never stopped me from getting the job done.